Upgrading HR10-250 to 500GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading HR10-250 to 500GB

Updating a HR10 250 to 500GB with a WD5000AAKX SATA drive, Idle Timer disabled.
    Used WinFMS to copy 250GB Source drive to the WD SATA 500GB destination drive.
    Purchase your SATA to IDE adapter with the cable.

1. Copying the files over to the new drive was easy with WinFMS. When I plugged the new drive into the DVR I got a solid red and green light on the adapter and the power up screen came up. The after about 45 seconds the red light on the adapter went out and the DVR hung-up at the power up screen.
    2. I thought maybe the DVR wasn’t recognizing the drive because I made the copy as a SATA drive. So I recopied the files again in IDE mode. Again WinFMS made the copies with any problems. But when I tried boot the DVR with the WD SATA drive and adapter I got the same results as 1. I then put the original 250GB drive back in and the DVR booted right up
    3. I have second HR10 running a Seagate 500GB IDE drive, so I pulled that drive and installed the WD SATA drive. Powered up that DVR and instead of getting a solid red LED it was flashing and the DVR booted all the whey through.
    When I had installed the WD SATA drive in DVR2 I left the short cable that came with the DVR in, so I took that cable out and plugged in the cable that came with the adapter. I then powered up DRV2 again and got the results as in 1. Went back to the short cable and the results as in 1, after a successful boot with this combination.

Now no matter what I try I can’t get the combination WD SATA drive and adapter to boot in either DVR1 or DVR2, even though it did boot once in DVR2.
    Any suggestions?
    Bill

You really should use a newer 80 wire cable with these adapters. Beyond that, my guess is that the drive is failing.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X