Swm/ Pi's issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swm/ Pi's issue

Hi.... I'm running one line from my 3lmb swm to a 4 way directv splitter then 2 dvrs. The problem I'm having is I've gone through 2 pi's and thus receive the dreaded 771a error....no signal. I've tried numerous hard resets, no luck so I can only assume the pi's are DOA but don't know for sure. My question is can I use a pi 29 with my setup and does anyone out there no what's might be causing the pi failure?

Thx

Update... With another question.. I was trying to peak my signal strength yesterday using Accutrac III with an ASL and I completely forget to disconnect the splitter and my 2 ird. Luckily,both ird's still work with a 3lnb and built in multiswitch just not with my 3lnb swm. Any idea on what damage this would cause and is there a fix? I've since read that my swm integrated lmb enters a diagnostics mode when this is done....so I need to get it out of this mode??

Comment

Originally posted by Otisslave View Post
      Hi.... I'm running one line from my 3lmb swm to a 4 way directv splitter then 2 dvrs. The problem I'm having is I've gone through 2 pi's and thus receive the dreaded 771a error....no signal. I've tried numerous hard resets, no luck so I can only assume the pi's are DOA but don't know for sure. My question is can I use a pi 29 with my setup and does anyone out there no what's might be causing the pi failure?

Thx
      i think it would be best to use a pi21...

is the light "on" on the pi & is it steady or blinking ...
      also ... get a meter & test the output ...

the only thing i can think that would burn the pi is excessive current drain ... bad lnb...????? usually if the wire is shorted the power lamp would blink & no signal .. did the system ever work .... or are you trying to get it to work

Comment

Originally posted by Otisslave View Post
        Update... With another question.. I was trying to peak my signal strength yesterday using Accutrac III with an ASL and I completely forget to disconnect the splitter and my 2 ird. Luckily,both ird's still work with a 3lnb and built in multiswitch just not with my 3lnb swm. Any idea on what damage this would cause and is there a fix? I've since read that my swm integrated lmb enters a diagnostics mode when this is done....so I need to get it out of this mode??

i dont think that you hurt anything... but it is said that the recvr would not allow you to set the lnb if still hooked up to recvr... just disconnect them & repoint...

you need to verify that you are powering the lnb swm ...

Comment

Working...
        X