Series 2 TCD24008A Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 2 TCD24008A Problem

As of recently, my TiVo stopped passing video, and the lights on the front do not work. I had another TiVo (with a different problem) to test it with and found that my Hard Drive appears to be working (although perhaps not - it at least spins and makes lovely noises)

At first I thought I just had a power supply problem so I placed an order for a replacement power supply but then tested the voltage at the molex power connector for the drive and found that it was passing voltage appropriately, so I cancelled the order and decided to call the TiVo dead.

Now, after reading some threads I've observed something else. When I have the ribbon cable plugged into the drive and turn on the TiVo, there are some very quiet noises from the drive, but as soon as you unplug the ribbon cable, the drive starts to spin and make more lovely noises as described above.

Does this sound fixable? I'd love to have this TiVo back for the kids, but I don't want to invest a whole bunch of time and money into it.

Still sounds like a power supply to me. The voltage on the molex is only part of the story. The power to the motherboard is much more likely to be the problem, especially given the clicking sound.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X