Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Slimline 5S + HR24 problem : No Signal :(

Hey folks,

I just received my new HR24 and Slimline 5 SWM dish. I pulled down the old single LNB dish I've had for years, and put up the new rig - problem is, I get <zero> signal on all transponders at 101 (or 110 or 119 for that matter). I've installed a DirecTV setup before, including aiming the dish (the one I just took down, as a matter of fact), so at least this isn't my first time - just the first time in years and with this shiny new hardware. I determined my azimuth and elevation using http://www.dishpointer.com. The skew factor is new to me (I've only ever had a single LNB until now), but I get the concept. I've even cut some brand-new RG6 lines and crimped them myself (I invested in a crimp tool years ago ), so I'm relatively confident it's not a bad connection.

So I've stripped it down to the essentials (as I understand them) and what I have is the line from the swm dish running to the "Power to SWM" port on the 21v power inserter (PI21R1-3, is that the model #). Then a line to the "Satellite In 1 (SWM-2)" input on the HR24, from the other port on the power inserter. It's the only receiver I'll be using, so I was under the impression I didn't need any more hardware that what I've outlined.

With the dish plugged in, on the first setup screen the "Dish Type" is set to "18: Slimline-5S (SWM)", and the "Switch Type" is set to "01: SWM". Both are slightly dimmed out, and I cannot change them unless I disconnect the line from the dish. I assume this is an auto-detection feature. The "Recheck SWM" option on the right hand side of the screen is also dimmed out.

It all seems good, up to this point. If I now try to continue, I get an error about no satellite being found while "verifying configuration", and if I try to view the signal strength from the transponders, I get zeros across the board (or "N/A", depending on which satellite I choose).

I've tried with and without the DirecTV access card inserted, and no joy either way.

Am I looking at some possibly faulty hardware, or am I missing a step somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by ZeroCool View Post
    Hey folks,

I just received my new HR24 and Slimline 5 SWM dish. I pulled down the old single LNB dish I've had for years, and put up the new rig - problem is, I get <zero> signal on all transponders at 101 (or 110 or 119 for that matter). I've installed a DirecTV setup before, including aiming the dish (the one I just took down, as a matter of fact), so at least this isn't my first time - just the first time in years and with this shiny new hardware. I determined my azimuth and elevation using http://www.dishpointer.com. The skew factor is new to me (I've only ever had a single LNB until now), but I get the concept. I've even cut some brand-new RG6 lines and crimped them myself (I invested in a crimp tool years ago ), so I'm relatively confident it's not a bad connection.

So I've stripped it down to the essentials (as I understand them) and what I have is the line from the swm dish running to the "Power to SWM" port on the 21v power inserter (PI21R1-3, is that the model #). Then a line to the "Satellite In 1 (SWM-2)" input on the HR24, from the other port on the power inserter. It's the only receiver I'll be using, so I was under the impression I didn't need any more hardware that what I've outlined.

With the dish plugged in, on the first setup screen the "Dish Type" is set to "18: Slimline-5S (SWM)", and the "Switch Type" is set to "01: SWM". Both are slightly dimmed out, and I cannot change them unless I disconnect the line from the dish. I assume this is an auto-detection feature. The "Recheck SWM" option on the right hand side of the screen is also dimmed out.

It all seems good, up to this point. If I now try to continue, I get an error about no satellite being found while "verifying configuration", and if I try to view the signal strength from the transponders, I get zeros across the board (or "N/A", depending on which satellite I choose).

I've tried with and without the DirecTV access card inserted, and no joy either way.

Am I looking at some possibly faulty hardware, or am I missing a step somewhere?

Thanks in advance

i think you should get the 101 even if the skew is not correct... but to get the other sats you need it set....your settings are very critical on this dish.....

it sounds like you got it hooked up correctly...is the grewen light (on) 0n the ps....
    Last edited by WK-Michael; 11-03-2011, 09:10 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Comment

Yeah - I'd agree. I think it's an aim issue.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
      X