Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? Ota + Swm16 + Swm8

I must have Aerial signal.
    I have SWM16 and SWM8. Slimline 5 without switch. OTA antena near the satelite dish. I have 4 wires from the roof to inside. Inside I have 4x H20 and 4 x HR20.
    My older SWM8 which was located in the cellar was zapped. The installer came and placed new SWM16 on the roof (no protective box), used one cellar wire to feed power into power stub on the SWM16; 2 wires from SWM1 and SWM2 bring the signal to two 4x splitters in the cellar; 1 wire remains empty.
    How most efficiently (smalles signal loss) feed the OTA signal into all this?

Looking at the schematics on your site, I could:

(A) Replace the rooftop SWM16 with SWM8 and connect the OTA to SWM8; use SWM1 and SWM2 output to connect to two 4x splitters, or use one 8x splitter (but get lower signal at receivers compared to 4x); provide diplexers at every TV to split off TV signal; or
    (B) keep the SWM16 on the roof; use the now empty wire to feed OTA to the cellar - and here I do not know what best to do: (i) I could split and diplex into two 4x splitters; (ii) could I feed the two lines from the SWM16 into SWM8 and connect OTA; or what else.

Objective would be to have as good signal as possible and provide flexibilty of downsizing the number of receivers without wasting signal in 8x splitter.

For now I am not into MRV.

I would go with B - easiest to implement, and should preserve the OTA signal the best.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      I would go with B - easiest to implement, and should preserve the OTA signal the best.
      ANd what do I do in the cellar to get the OTA into the the DTV network. Can I use SWM8 somehow. OR I split the OTA and diplex it into each of 4x splitters. Or what and how?
      Thanks

Comment

You diplex the OTA into the line(s) after they leave the SWM16.

Comment

Working...
        X