External HD Install problems with new THR22-100 DirecTV-TIVO unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External HD Install problems with new THR22-100 DirecTV-TIVO unit

I just received my TIVO DirecTV THR22-100 on Monday. Nice. So the next day I tried to connect an external hard drive and it isn't working.

Here's what happened: I shut down the receiver and plugged in the eSATA cable and turned on the HD. Then I powered up the receiver. All seemed to go well, and the screen told me it was formatting the HD. It completed the process and I had picture. I started adjusting the settings. All was seeming to go well until I noticed the dial-in to connect to the DVR Service had failed. I asked it to connect now, then the whole system shut down and tried to restart.*

So it is now in a attempt-to-restart loop. It tries to restart, but always aborts the process; then restarts again, but never makes it through.

Eventually I decided to remove the external HD cable and now I'm running off the internal HD, which works fine.

What did I do wrong? I have a Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB SATA III hard drive, model WD2002FAEX. I have the HD in a Thermaltake BlacX eSATA Docking station.

Any help?

Thanks,

Frank

Sorry to say, we just don't know. So far, we're only doing internal upgrades here.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Hi Michael,

So no one has purchased your external eSATA that is compatible with the HR22-100 -- for use in the THR22-100?

Comment

I suppose it's possible that someone is doing that. But we aren't yet guaranteeing compatibility.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X