transfering videos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfering videos...

I'm a bit behind. I have an old series 2 TIVO, upgraded to two disks (and about 400GB? Is there a way to get a "hardware configuration" listing from the box? (this should be the original 80G drive plus a 320G update. Maybe.)) (upgraded using WeaKnees accessories, but an OEM drive.)

Then, some time ago, I purchased a TIVO HD (TCD652160) with 1TB drive from WeaKnees.) It has been languishing in its box :-(

Is there a way to move the recordings from the old TIVO drives to the new TIVO? I'm hoping for something much faster than "copy over network to PC, then from PC back to new TIVO"; perhaps involving "put the old drive and the new drive in a x86 box, boot a linux rescue CD, and copy all the files from xxx to yyy." (I have plenty of spare x86 boxes lying around, and I'm not concerned about moving disks in and out of them.)

Thanks!

(oh; if this IS possible, should it be done before or after the initial startup of the new TIVO ?)

Comment

If both are active on the same account, then you can transfer from one to the other over the network.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
      X