Premier Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Questions

Been a happy owner of a TiVo Series 2 for many years. Now looking to add one of the new TiVo Premiere models and move the Series 2 to another room.

With the Series 2, I upgraded the main drive a few years ago, and also added a second drive. Both of them fit inside the Series 2, using a drive bracket I bought from weaKnees. For the Premiere, I see that if you get a second drive, its external. Will a second drive not fit inside the Premiere?

With the Premiere, it looks like I'll need a cable card from Comcast. However, I don't want to give up my On-Demand shows which I use often. How have others handled this situation? Looks to me like I'd need to keep the cable box and use one of the TV's inputs for it, and another TV input for the TiVo. This would also obviously involve a cable splitter to have a run to the cable box and TiVo.

The Premiere has no room for a second drive inside.

Comcast is starting to roll out xfinity on demand through the Premiere. I think it is only in a few test markets now (like Boston, Portland), so you can wait, or you can just use the premiere with its features and get a comcast cable box and connect it to another input of your TV for on demand....just as you suggest.

Comment

Thanks Jeff!

Comment

Working...
      X