HR 34 Install/Whole Home Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR 34 Install/Whole Home Install

I am a little confused. My final set-up will include an HR34 in my living room and an H23-600 in my bedroom. I am interested in whole home service but just want to be able to control/watch programs in my bedroom that were recorded on the dvr in the living room. I have a swm-8 correctly installed. Do i need deca adapters or are they just needed if you are interested in internet connectivity? I really don't need internet, vod, etc...Can I have Whole Home service/MRV without the deca adapters? Excuse my newbie ignorance

You MUST have a DECA on the H23 if you want whole home service.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification

Comment

Just to be totally clear, the HR34 has DECA built in - same for the HR24, H24, and H25. Older units need the DECA adapter.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Is the HR-34 all I need?

Michael,

First, thanks so much for all the valuable advice you've given us.

I currently have an upgraded HR-21 I bought from your company. I would like to move it to my bedroom and put a new HR-34 in my living room. I seem to get a different story every time I talk to a different person at DTV, so I'm asking you.

I have zero desire to connect the HR-34 to the Internet and very little interest in watching shows recorded on the HR-34 in my bedroom using the HR-21. Other than an upgrade to my dish, is there anything else I need if I don't really care to connect them?

If I get an upgraded HR-34 from you, do I call DTV to schedule the dish upgrade after the DVR arrives? Do you know if they will charge me anything for the dish other than an installation charge?

Marshall

Comment

If you don't need the internet access and you don't care about room to room streaming, then you just need a new dish.

Yes, if you order an upgraded unit from us, you can all them to schedule installation after it arrives. They shouldn't charge you anything for the install.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X