No announcement yet.

TiVo TCD658000 HD XL upgrade to 2 Tb???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo TCD658000 HD XL upgrade to 2 Tb???

I have the TiVo TCD658000 HD XL with a 1Tb stock HDD (I think).

Just bought the WeaKnees "TiVo 658000 TiVo Upgrade Kit: Replace with one 2 TB hard drive" and received a Western Digital 2 Tb drive: WE20EURS.

Now I ready to do the job.

But I'm seeing in various postings that no software can do the upgrade???

WTH?

Which software package do I use to do the upgrade (AND save all my current recordings onto the the drive.) And, BTW... How much down-time will there be in the process? Don't want to miss the Olympics.

Thanks!!!!

OK answered it myself.

Used jmfs... DOwnloaded it and it went perfect.

However... to copy the 1Tb drive to the 2Tb, took about 8-9 hours. Fortunately the Expansion part only took a few secs.

Reinstalled the drive... everything PERFECT... No loss of any settings, programs, ToDo's, season passes... nothing... no loss.

Wow.. Way to go... Why would anyone PAY for that DRV Upgrade software when this thing did it for Free and did it well... (I did just DONATE $10 to they guy via PayPal as a thanks.)

Thread with Info:
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=455968

Comment

Glad you got it to work - we hear from many, many people who find that this software is just far too complicated for them and/or they don't want to crack open a PC to make it work.

In addition, please be sure to use an AV drive (as we do) for any upgrade in a DVR.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
      X