Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First install of a SWM LNB

Hey
    This is the first time I've tried to install a SWM single output LNB. In the past I've always used the receiver to aline the dish. I've followed all the wiring diagrams that came with the dish. Power inserted is on, output to ODU goes up to the dish and the out to IRD goes to the receiver. On the roof I have the ASL hooked up to the dish. Power from the inserter to the 18v input. 110 degree from the ASL to the bottom input of the Acutrac pro meter. The 119 degree output from the ASL to the top input of the meter. And of course the ODU output of the ASL goes to the LNB itself. I have found the satellite using the meter however the reading does not go higher than 56 to 59. When I go and check the receiver I don't have a picture and I only have signal on one or two transponders. I have an R16 receiver which is SWM compatible, but I must be missing something. Since this is the first time I've used this meter how high should the signal level be to get a good stable picture??
    Thanks,
    Nick

I've never aimed one myself. Hopefully there's a installation tech on here who can help.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by RobinsonNi View Post
      Hey
      This is the first time I've tried to install a SWM single output LNB. In the past I've always used the receiver to aline the dish. I've followed all the wiring diagrams that came with the dish. Power inserted is on, output to ODU goes up to the dish and the out to IRD goes to the receiver. On the roof I have the ASL hooked up to the dish. Power from the inserter to the 18v input. 110 degree from the ASL to the bottom input of the Acutrac pro meter. The 119 degree output from the ASL to the top input of the meter. And of course the ODU output of the ASL goes to the LNB itself. I have found the satellite using the meter however the reading does not go higher than 56 to 59. When I go and check the receiver I don't have a picture and I only have signal on one or two transponders. I have an R16 receiver which is SWM compatible, but I must be missing something. Since this is the first time I've used this meter how high should the signal level be to get a good stable picture??
      Thanks,
      Nick
      i have never used the asl or the accutrac to point a hd dish ... but first be certain that the pole is plumb & that all settings are correct ... all you need then is to get the 101 on dead center ... do a cross pole to be sure ... & the others should all be there ... i usually use the sat buddy & get the 101 then peak the 103 & go back to the 101 ... but i make sure i have the higest signal on the 103 .....

another way is to use a regular 4 output lnb to point it & then swap the lnb to the swm

Comment

Working...
      X