Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i tell if the my dish is pointed properly for HD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i tell if the my dish is pointed properly for HD?

I have an original DirectTivo +/-disk replacement from you guys a few years ago.

A few years ago, i had the local installer come out to deal with some signal problems. They moved the dish location and replaced the dish. They may have done some other re-wiring. I wasn't home for any of this and thus not around to ask important questions.

How can i tell whether the new dish now points in such a way that i could get HD if I replaced the DirecTivo with an H24? Can i get this information from the diagnostics in some way? Otherwise i'm tempted to switch to cable outright.

I already know i need to go see if the dish is SWM now and if there are B band things.

regards,
    Adam

If an installer aimed it, I can't see why it wouldn't be right. What makes you think it wouldn't be aimed properly? They have pretty efficient and accurate meters.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

depends on whether they focused on the meter or the STB

Given that they do the alignment up on the roof with the meters, I suppose you're right that they probably checked all the satellites.

It looks like a non-SWM setup. How many wires should there be for the HD scenario two tuner scenario.

regards,
      Adam

Comment

Well, the dish should have four outputs, but you only need two wires coming down from there to all an HD DVR to use both tuners.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X