Network Connection Error (n13) from Upgraded Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Connection Error (n13) from Upgraded Drive

I have a TiVo HD model TCD652160. I purchased a 2TB internal upgrade kit from DVRUpgrade. When I install the new drive I am getting an (n13) Network Connection Error at the beginning of Guided Setup. The network connection has been verified as good and works with other devices. 3 other TiVos on the same network have no trouble connecting to the TiVo service. I have tried rebooting the TiVo, my DHCP server, etc. When I reinstall the old hard drive, the TiVo connects to the network with no problem. DVRUpgrade has been mostly non-responsive and of little help with the one response I was able to get.

Tell us what kind of network connection you have: wired or wireless?

If wireless, is there a password?

You restarted the DHCP server. Is that your router, or a different unit? Have you tried restarting the router also?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I have a wired network with a Gigabit switch. My DHCP service is provided by a Cisco ASA Security Appliance. My Router is a Cable Modem which is set to Bridge mode. I have rebooted the ASA several times as well as the switch, but I have not rebooted the Cable modem. Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

I think you might be a little beyond me in network architecture, but I do wonder if something in there is caching info from the old OS and preventing the connection.

Can you force the TiVo to another IP address? Or maybe give it a static IP?

Comment

Thanks Michael. I have been suspecting the same. I will try going into my DHCP and deleting any entries relating to that IP or MAC address while the TiVo is down and then try booting into the new drive. I did try a static IP address, but it possible that the random guess I made of an available address, was in use.

Comment

Issue finally resolved. Although I verified that the TiVo was able to connect to the internet, it would not connect to the TiVo service. Finally, I connected via telephone line, went through Guided Setup, switched back to the network connection and it connected with no problem. Amazing that no one from TiVo support was able to suggest this. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Huh. You obviously shouldn't have needed to do that, but we're glad to hear it's working.

Maybe moving to phone line cleared a cache of corrupt network info.

Comment

Working...
              X