Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstalling SWM System

Hello All,

I am trying to cut DirecTV and just use OTA and online streaming. Last night I installed my antenna in the attic. This morning I was able to run the coax from the attic to my outside “box.” The box that I am speaking of is where the splitter is that is currently being used. I disconnected the input (which was the satellite dish) and connected my antenna. By doing this I was able to have my antenna run to all my rooms.

I thought it was a done deal. Boy was I wrong.. I have a total of three televisions in my house. One in the living room, one in the guest room, and one in the master. The guest room has never had any DirecTV service. The other two rooms (living and master) did.

I went to the master bedroom and there was a black box that DirecTV hooked up to the coax wall plate. I unscrewed it because I wanted to run a coax from the wall to the television. When I did this, the TV in the living room went blank. For some reason DirecTV has the master bedroom and the living room connected. While I was doing this the guest room (never had DirecTV service) did not blank out.
    Does anyone have any ideas on what could cause this? I am scratching my head!

The box that is connected via coax in the master room has “SWM ODU” on it.

Thank you!

Are you still going through a SWM in your attic? What is the hardware there?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X