directtv issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• directtv issues

new to forum. sorry if this issue has already been answered. I just moved to a new house. I have 3 HD DVRs and 9 other hd boxes in my home. It is a similar setup to my old house. However, the dish at this house is new and i assume has a built in SWM at the dish. My last home did not. The dish coax were connected to a SWM with 16 actual ports at that home and I had whole home dvr with nop issues. At this house, they set up a SWM 16 with power and 2 1x8 splitters(not actual ports on a powered swm). As I unpacked, i added more and more tvs. Everything worked great initially but one day I added 2 final tvs adn started having issues with mainly one of the tvs, actually one of the closest tvs to the SWM. There was pixellation, poor signal and searching for sat signal...
    The installer initially said it was my receiver(I have a cinema receiver with dvr,dvd etc... all run through it with 1 hdmi to the tv). I knew that was not correct. They came out again, realignede the dish and said should be fine. Its not, so now they want me to pay to have a new dish added so all tvs are not pulling from 1 dish. I don't believe it is necessary and suspect limited knowledge on the part of the installers. Can some give me a clear idea of how to hook up 10-16 tvs with 3 dvrs(i have more record capability and less restrictions than if using a genie) and multiple hd boxes? I have about a 10000ft2 house so some runs are long. Thanks! roberjed

My initial guess would just be that you have more than eight tuners on one of the splitters. Each splitter, while it can handle eight receivers physically, and technically only handle eight tuners. So count out your tuners per receiver and make sure you've got seven on one side and eight on the other.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks. The last time they were here, the installer actually said there were too many things plugged in! And unplugged several tv from the splitters so now there are 3 in one and 5 in the other. Yet we still have the problems!!

Comment

I would shut everything down - the receivers and the SWM. Then power up just the SWM. Then power up each receiver.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X