Ugrading Motor Home Dish to Winegard Trav'ler SK-SWM Directv Slimline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugrading Motor Home Dish to Winegard Trav'ler SK-SWM Directv Slimline

I plan to upgrade my current Motor Home Dish to the new Trav'ler SK-SWM dish for Directv and want to use the existing wiring to support my 3 TV's.
    The new dish single SWM feed will come into the front of the motor home where the HD DVD will be. I want to add the feed for the Roof TV Antenna and the feed for the RV park Cable feed as well.

I would like to use the TV source to change from the HDMI feed for the Sat Receiver and the Coax feed for the Roof antenna and RV park cable feed.

I would also like to do the same for the one coax line to the rear bedroom TV and the one coax feed line that starts in the rear Beroom to feed the outside TV.

Not sure of the exact swm multiswitch and swm splitter and swm diplexer to use. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, n6xy

I'm not sure I really understand, but if you're saying you want to diplex OTA and cable into a SWM cable, you just can't do that.

You could diplex in either one or the other, but that would be at the expense of using the MultiRoomViewing aspects of the system. If you don't care about MRV, you can diplex one in.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

WK-Michael,

Thanks for the reply, sorry I'm not clear. Since my post, I have been reading and now I believe the new winegard SWM3 antenna may not work, so I may need to use the older winegard SK-3005 antenna. With that in mind I think the following may work.

The SK-3005 antenna has 3 or 4 Sat feeds that would connect to the SWM8 Multiswitch. The SWM8 also has a input for an outside antenna source such as the roof tv antenna or the RV park cable source. I could use an A/B switch to switch between feeding either the roof antenna or the rv park cable source to the SWM8.

Next I could use one output from the SWM8 to go to a diplexer so I would have two feeds, one being a sat source signal for the front TV Sat Receiver that would then feed the front TV via an HDMI cable and the other out from the diplexer would feed either the roof tv antenna or RV park Cable source via a coax cable to the Front TV coax tv antenna input. Using the source input mode on the Front TV I could select either the Sat Receiver or Roof TV antenna/RV park cable source depending on the A/B switch position.

For the rear TV, I would do the same as the front tv using another output from the SWM8 as I would have another Sat Receiver in the rear tv cabinet. If this looks like it would work then we can talk about the next part of the plan for the outside tv.

Thanks for your help, n6xy

Comment

If you connect diplexer to the SWM, then one output will be satellite and the other will be antenna or cable, depending on what you are sending into the SWM. Your plan should work, but you need to be absolutely sure that you don't have whole home drv service turned on in your DIRECTV account.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
          If you connect diplexer to the SWM, then one output will be satellite and the other will be antenna or cable, depending on what you are sending into the SWM. Your plan should work, but you need to be absolutely sure that you don't have whole home drv service turned on in your DIRECTV account.
          Okay, So I will need to have DIRECTV turn off the Whole Home Service when I put the receivers in the RV, even though they donot have the decca gear connected while in the RV.

Also, is it correct that the new winegard SKM3 antenna will not work or can you add another multiswitch that has a off air connection for the CATV or Roof Antenna?

Comment

I'm sorry, but we do not stock the Winegard SKM3, but if the dish is an HD DIRECTV dish with 4 lines out, then the SWM8 is what you want to connect to the dish.

Comment

Working...
            X