Directv Installation SWM16 and Deca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directv Installation SWM16 and Deca

Directv was out to install a Genie and 1 client and get WHDVR operational. (After 18 years they decide to give up something for free)
    I have an HR23/700 and an R22(w/HD)/100.

After the 'Tech" left, I no longer had network or internet to any reciever. The Genie and Client talked to each other, but the other 2 didn't. I disconnected the Deca, hooked my network cables back to the 2 original recievers, and the reconnected the Deca. My WHDVR now works.
    My question is:
    While looking at your diagrams, it shows Deca adaptors at the R22 and HR23. Hooking up my network cables seems to work, I was under the impression that the network and internet would be available through the coax. I would like to make sure Directv installs everything they should have.

Great site.
    Tom Carson

You still need a DECA adapter on each unit that doesn't have a built-in DECA receiver. So the HR44 and client have DECA built-in, but the older DVRs don't. This all sounds right. I'm not sure why it didn't work initially, but with networks, sometimes it just takes a power-down/power-up and all is good.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

The Directv never installed the adaptors. They are sending some one out on Saturday to see what the problem is. You and your diagrams have told me the issue. I now know what to look for before the "Tech" leaves.

Thanks again

Comment

Wow; that's surprising and unfortunate. Good luck on round 2 with DIRECTV's tech.

Comment

Working...
        X