DTV Genie/clients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTV Genie/clients

So I've been reading up and making sure I understand what I'm doing here.
    I checked all the diagrams...thank you for that reference.
    I've also read that the genie can handle distributing ethernet and the deca router is not required.
    With that in mind, I set up my swm accordingly.
    I just wanted to share with you guys and see what you think.
    Hopefully I did it right.
    Tks

Looks pretty good - but seven C31 clients? Max is five . . .
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yeah i was told 7 but only 3 play simultaneously.
      I was going to keep some HD receivers and try to keep that client number down.
      Some rooms with clean wall mounted installs though would be perfect for the clients.
      So more realistically I was thinking like 4 clients and 3 of my newest HD receivers.
      Thanks for looking. I know its been said before but the installer had this stuff set up so differently so I just wanted to make sure I understood.

Comment

Interesting. I had always heard five clients, three active at once. Maybe they changed it? Generally, we get a tech document for it and we haven't seen that.

Comment

I could be wrong. I am going to try to mount as many of my receivers as I can rather then get clients. Some of them are the newest small ones so it's doable.
          I have one client I got to play with before reconstruction and I was concerned over some performance issues I saw so hopefully things are going better these days.

Comment

Yeah - the clients are really pretty solid, and they do give you access to more of the Genie server's features, so there is a good reason to use them.

Comment

Working...
            X