Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer content from Tivo HD to Roamio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer content from Tivo HD to Roamio?

I own a Tivo HD and want to buy a Roamio, but I don't want to lose all of my stored content and also don't want to keep and maintain two devices. Is there any way to transfer content from Tivo HD to Roamio? I searched the forums and found a similar question for Tivo 3 (the answer was "no") but I'm hoping maybe the answer has changed since then. Seems like kind of a disincentive to buy a new device if you cannot.

You should be able to move your shows, or at least keep watching them off your old unit as long as you have service, which you can cut as soon as you've seen the shows.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      You should be able to move your shows, or at least keep watching them off your old unit as long as you have service, which you can cut as soon as you've seen the shows.
      Should be possible to pull it all down to a PC, then back up to the new TiVo as needed? Or does that not work any more?

Though last time I tried to download HD recordings from TiVo to PC, a couple wouldn't transfer in their entirety. They played all the way through on the TiVo, but only partially transferred.

=aw

Comment

Working...
      X