Swm help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swm help

I have been trying for a couple of weeks to install my SWM8. I have 2 hr24's and 1 hr23. I have a swm8 with power supply and a 1 to 8 splitter with 4 terminator caps on 4 outlets and one spare cap. I am not sure which outlets that I should use. every time I do a setup , all I get is a searching for satallite signal even after pushing the red button several times. what am I doing wrong? is it possible that I have a bad box??? any help would be appreciated.

You definitely have all four wires from your dish going into the SWM8, and you are definitely getting power to the SWM8? Is the light on on the power inserter?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

yes to all. I have a standard multiswitch that right now feeds the hr24 and h23. I am trying to get feed to the other hr24 that my daughter pays for and wants to move here.

Comment

So are you running the new SWM off the older multiswitch?

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          So are you running the new SWM off the older multiswitch?
          NO I have removed the multiswitch and setup the swm according to all the instructions I have

Comment

So both DVRs show the same problems?

Comment

So both DVRs show the same problems?

Yes and the h23 also show searching for satellite. I think I have done about all of the things I could think of to resolve the problem.

Comment

Are the units even recognizing that they should now be seeing a SWM during setup? Do they realize that they don't see a regular multiswitch anymore?

You removed the B-Band converters, right?

Comment

Are the units even recognizing that they should now be seeing a SWM during setup? Do they realize that they don't see a regular multiswitch anymore?

You removed the B-Band converters, right?
                  What are b-band converters??

Comment

On the back of your receivers there should have been cables attached to rectangular boxes:

http://www.weaknees.com/directv-b-ba...r-sup-2400.php

They basically looks like that picture. You don't use them in a SWM setup.

Comment

Halleluija there is peace in valley and all is well on the home front, thanks to all of your help. it is wonderful that we have such information available to us as in your site. I don't know what I would have done with out it. AGAIN THANKS

RON

Comment

So it was the B-Bands?

Comment

direct tv said that I could not run 3 dvr's and a fourth cable to my basement with nothing on it. do I need some sort of terminator on the cable that runs down there??? or just leave it with nothing on it.

Comment

You should probably disconnect the cable at the dish or terminate it, but it's not going to destroy anything if you don't.

Comment

disconnect the cable at the dish or the splitter?? this is coming off the splitter and running to the basement.

Comment

Working...
                              X