It should be so simple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It should be so simple

Hi. I've been battling this for over a month and even Directv was no help. Here's my situation. I upgraded to Whole Home DVR in December. I have 1 HD-DVR(H21-700) and 1 HD receiver(H24-100) and the dish is 3LNB SWM. The connections Directv made are these: 1 coax from dish to 'IN' on 1x2 splitter. The power pass thru 'Out' from the splitter, goes to the Power Inserter 'Power to SWM'. The other 'Out' from the splitter, goes directly to the HD receiver. The 'Signal to IRD' on the Power Inserter, goes directly to the HD-DVR. The HD-DVR works fine; shows TV shows, records, playback, etc., no problem there. However, the HD receiver can't access the recorded shows on the DVR. It will only show what is presently showing on TV. Directv walked me through the reset, restart, restore defaults on both receivers several times, to no avail. Their next suggestion was to have a technician come out, for $50, and check it out. I refused. Now I need to know if anyone sees a problem with my setup or maybe has a suggestion. Thanks in advance for any help. Regards, Roy

I see no problem with the setup. You might want to try swapping locations (HD receiver for the DVR) to see if anything changes.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      I see no problem with the setup. You might want to try swapping locations (HD receiver for the DVR) to see if anything changes.
      Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do that and tinker some more. Regards, Roy

Comment

Working...
      X