Premiere: Can't be seen on LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiere: Can't be seen on LAN

I have a Premiere (320GB) that I bought in Jun 2012. I haven't had any trouble accessing it on the network. Now I put it in a new place (with a new router) and it's been hard to find on the LAN.

Its IP address is 192.168.0.107 (I think I did that with Static DHCP). First I couldn't see it from the DVR Commander for TiVo app (Android remote control). I got around that by creating a custom device with that IP address and my MAK. It works.

Now I'm trying to access from my Windows PC (192.168.0.101). I can ping the .107 but neither kmttg (just upgraded to v1p0n) nor Tivo Desktop can see it. I added it manually to kmttg but when I hit Refresh I get this error:

Failed to retrieve Now Playing List from PremiereRik
    Exit code: 23
    Check YOUR MAK & IP settings
    Both MAK and IP are correct (I checked the TiVo hadn't changed). TiVo network connection passes all tests, and it responds to pings from the PC.

Is there something else I should be doing? This HD is small for HD recording but I don't want to consider upgrading until I know the TiVo is accessible from the LAN.

Thanks!
    =aw

You say "static DHCP" but it really has to be one or the other. Do you know which it is?

I'd guess there's some issue with your new router. Check to see if the router's firmware is current, and then just reboot the router and see if that helps.

Finally, is this ethernet or Wifi?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks. "static DHCP" is probably not the right term, though I think some routers use it. You tell the device to get the IP address by DHCP and then you tell the router to assign a specific IP address based on MAC ID. I think it's also called "DHCP Reservation" though I believe my router actually calls it Static DHCP. Anyway, the TiVo is .107

Firmware is definitely current because I had to upgrade when I installed it last month. I'll double check though. Will also reboot the router and see what happens.

TiVo, phone, and notebook are all on WiFi. Could connect the TiVo by ethernet if that should make a difference.

Thanks!
      =aw

Comment

Ethernet is always better. Try that.

Comment

Thanks. I power cycled everything but also put the TiVo on ethernet. Now it works. Actually it works in TiVo Desktop but not in kmttg (still getting "check your IP and MAK" and both are right). I'd prefer the latter but at this point I'm happy to get stuff transferring. Surprised WiFi wouldn't work but happy to get it on wired (though the new router has only 2 ports -- and 4 SSIDs (!!) -- so now I have no free ports).

Thanks again for the help!

=aw

Comment

Glad it's partially working. I never use kmttg so I can't really help with that part.

Comment

Working...
            X