No announcement yet.

TiVo GSD after downloading new system update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will try. Can't promise that we can save them, of course.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      We will try. Can't promise that we can save them, of course.
      I noticed the unit's on its way back. How'd things go?
      Last edited by TishTash; 11-05-2014, 10:30 PM.

Comment

External drive was dead, so we put a new one in and reformatted. Looks like they had to overwrite everything. Sorry.

Comment

External drive was dead, so we put a new one in and reformatted. Looks like they had to overwrite everything. Sorry.
          I heard the external drive failed testing. Just curious but I know the external drive can be unmarried from the main unit, with some of the existing recordings intact. Was that an option in this case?
          Last edited by TishTash; 11-07-2014, 03:18 PM.

Comment

In some cases yes, and in others, that doesn't work. Sometimes, removing the external basically causes the internal to hang forever requesting the external, and it looks like that's what happened in your case.

Comment

In some cases yes, and in others, that doesn't work. Sometimes, removing the external basically causes the internal to hang forever requesting the external, and it looks like that's what happened in your case.
              I know that not connecting the external and powering up the main unit did bring up the option to unmarry the drive. Maybe that was lost along with the external drive intermittently working. It didn't exactly guarantee many if any recordings remaining, granted. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Right - sometimes we see that message, perform the commands on the remote, the unit reboots, and we're back to that message. I can't say we've seen that loop very often, but a handful of times.

Comment

Working...
                X