Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tivo S2 Dual Tuner forgets it is working with a cable box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo S2 Dual Tuner forgets it is working with a cable box.

I have set this up a few times. It's connected to a Comcast digital adapter with the IR extender. I had a hard time getting it to change the channels. Then weeks later it stops changing channels, and the menu for selecting the cable box disappears. The guide comes up, but won't change channels. Maybe a bad spot on the disk where the settings are? Anyone see this behavior? I have to go look at it this week and I suspect it's this same problem as last time.

You can check the hard drive with the overnight test here:

http://www.weaknees.com/54
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for your response Michael. As a computer guy, a disk problem springs to mind just based on intuition. In any case, it's a good place to start. I'll go get that machine, set it up and have it do the 54. Is there any advantage to doing the check in a PC with the Ultimate Boot CD (not windows)? On PCs I use a utility called HDAT2.

Comment

Sure - a PC test is good also, but try the TiVo's Overnight test in the Kickstart area first. It may tell you all you need to know.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Here's an update. I went to look at the TiVo and it was set up correctly and everything SEEMED fine but again, it wouldn't change channels on the Comcast DC50X. It just stopped working. I wrestled with it a bit and ended up punting by switching the Tivo to her other TV with a DCT700 and it set up fairly easily after a little searching and finding to use "General Instrument" as the brand instead of Motorola. We'll see if it holds up...

I decided in advance I would possibly switch boxes because in the meantime I upgraded to a S3 and tried unsuccessfully to set my own S2 up with my Comcast DC50x DA.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

However, if anyone has any solid hints on how to get a DC50X box to work with IR, I'm all ears....

Comment

Working...
            X