A few general HD Tivo questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few general HD Tivo questions

Its been awhile since I have been on here so I was wanting to ask a few questions. I have two series 2 tivos going through direct tv where the tivos get the Direct tv listings and then change the channel on the direct tv box to record. Well I am getting rid of my bedroom direct tv box and going with an HD over the air antenna. I know Roamio and Premieres have HD so I was wondering...

If I get a Roamio or Premiere would it record just over the air HD shows by getting the local HD brodcast guides?

Can I transfer the shows from one tivo to the other with the Roamio and Premiere to maybe a series 2?

Would a Roamio and Premiere have built in wireless or would I have to use one of the usb tivo antennas for net and updating programming?

I do have an HD Direct tv box in my living room with as I said the series 2 tivo downloading the programming info and turning the direct tv box channel. I know the Roamio and Premieres only work with cable, but do they still allow you to download the Direc tv listings to the tivo and turn the direc tv box channels with the IR cables?

Yes, the Roamio and Premiere models communicate with TiVo and get the program guides online for the HD OTA broadcasting.

You can't transfer HD shows to a Series2 - they can't down-res. But you can transfer the other way.

The Roamios have built-in Wifi. The Premieres don't.

The Roamios and Premieres will not communicate with your DTV receiver in any way, nor will they download guides for it.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X