Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can series 2 Tivo be upgraded to record in HD / what is the best unit for me??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can series 2 Tivo be upgraded to record in HD / what is the best unit for me??

Hello,

I am a new subscriber with limited knowledge. I currently have two series 2 Tivo DVR's both with lifetime service. Now with everything being broadcast in HD they are of little use. Can they be upgraded to save my lifetime service. If not do they have any value.

Sorry but one more question. I would like a DVR to record 4 shows in HD at once with ample storage space and lifetime service. What unit should I be considering?

Thank you..

Nope - you can't add HD to those units. You need new DVRs. But you do get $100 off TiVo lifetime service on new units as an existing TiVo subscriber.

For four shows at once, you should be looking at the Roamios. See this page:

http://www.weaknees.com/5
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Adding HD to Series 2 TIVO

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      Nope - you can't add HD to those units. You need new DVRs. But you do get $100 off TiVo lifetime service on new units as an existing TiVo subscriber.

For four shows at once, you should be looking at the Roamios. See this page:

http://www.weaknees.com/5
      Actually, I have gotten several years of HD service from my Toshiba RS-TX20 Tivo by adding one of those HD converter boxes to my TIVO device. Not all HD converter boxes will work, and the Tivo website used to list the converter boxes that were compatible. I used a Zenith DTT901 converter box. This converter box accepts "Change Channel" commands from the TIVO, so all my TiVo GUIDE and Season Pass functions continue to work. There is a slight 'lag' now, when I ask the Tivo to change channels, because the instructions have to get passed to the converter box.

Happy viewing!

Comment

Working...
      X