swm8 with sl3 swm lmb and world dish for four h25's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swm8 with sl3 swm lmb and world dish for four h25's

Hello, Im needing help with a world dish install with a slimline sl3 dish to run four H25's. Does anyone know the configuration I need to get this setup to work. I understand I will not need the splitter but are the H25's gonna be compatible with the swm8. Thanks!

You WILL need a splitter.

You'll need a SWM8, and a 1x4 splitter. Both dishes plug into the SWM8, and then on the SWM1 output, you'll put the 1x4 splitter with a leg running to each H25, and the power inserter on one of those legs.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Is there a way to use a swm lmb instead of the legacy four output lmb? The directv tech said to use the sl3 and then the swm8 but I cant remember how he said to wire that configuration.

Comment

You can't use a SWM LNB with a SWM8.

Comment

Ok Ive got a diagram that says to have the dish's running to the SWM8 and the SWM1 port runs to the power supply and then goes to the directv approved splitter. Your saying to put the power supply attached to the splitter after its split right?

Comment

Is the splitter supposed to be SWM? or just a regular splitter?

Comment

Originally posted by soonerfisher View Post
              Is the splitter supposed to be SWM? or just a regular splitter?
              It must be a SWM splitter.

Comment

Originally posted by soonerfisher View Post
                Ok Ive got a diagram that says to have the dish's running to the SWM8 and the SWM1 port runs to the power supply and then goes to the directv approved splitter. Your saying to put the power supply attached to the splitter after its split right?
                Either position is fine - before or after the splitter.

If you put it after the splitter, it must be on the splitter's RED out port.

Comment

Working...
                X