Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extended Warranty....to do or not to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended Warranty....to do or not to do?

So I'm new to this forum and new to Tivo as well. I'm disappointed in myself it took me so long to get here- after 14 years of paying DirecTV I finally had enough gave them the ax. I now have an over the air antenna for my local channels and Roku for streaming options. Love it.

I have 1 main Roamio and 2 Tivo Minis.

My question is around the warranty plan offered. I did get a lifetime subscription on all of my units- my hope is to get at least 5 years out of them but right now without a warranty if something happens to that box after a year I'm out of luck. I just got off the phone with a Tivo rep and he highly recommneded the warranty. He basically said (unless I misunderstood him) that if I got the 3 year warranty I can call in before the warranty expires- tell them the boxes aren't working- get new ones and then get another 3 year warratny for them- then the lifetime subscription continues. Does that make sense?

Bottom line- what's the best way to ensure I get the most out of the lifetime subscriptions I have purchased?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

I've never heard that you get a new warranty with a warranty-replacement unit, and I don't know of any product where that's the case. I'd call back and ask for that claim in writing.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X