Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Tivo Roamio (Antenna) with Cable box & New Tivo OTA Box..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Tivo Roamio (Antenna) with Cable box & New Tivo OTA Box..

My Cable Provider Comcast - is absolutely refusing to provide me with a Cable Card with Limited Cable Service (they state that you must have "Digital Economy or Higher & this is all legal under FCC as limited cable is a Govt regulated service or $15 (local tv channels in SD & HD -vs- $37.95 digital economy SD Only + $10 fee for HD channels + $3 per cable card or box on each TV)

Question #1

Can I use a Tivo Roamio (Antenna) $199 device... run the coaxial RG-59 from the DTA (Cable box) into the Coaxial "cable input" of the TIVO.. Then manually change to the channel I want to Record/Watch on the DTA ... Then just hit "record" on the TIVO for a Manual recording.... (I understand no program information, season passes etc) I would think the signal coming out of the DTA via the Coaxial would look no different to the TV .. then an antenna signal

Question #2
    I noticed Weakness sells the Tivo Roamio (antenna & digital TV - But no cable card slot) version for $199
    when I look on TIVO Website it's says on 9/14 TIVO Will have a new "TIVO OTA" model that looks identical to the TIVO Roamio but for $49.99 with 1yr contract and that it is a "BEST BUY Exclusive" - what is the exact differences in these two models? and is tivo basically no longer making the $199 antenna version?

Question #3
    if I already own a TIVO Roamio Pro unit .. could I use it with the DTA.. or is there something special in the TIVO Roamio (Antenna) version that would allow it to be used with the DTA above
    Last edited by kevinfor; 08-29-2014, 06:34 PM. Reason: fixed spelling etc

#1 - I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I don't think it can take an input from a DTA. It is different from an antenna signal.

#2 - Can't say - we haven't seen it yet.

#3 - Again, I just don't think it will work, but if you already have it, give it a shot!
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X