Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roamio Purchase Considerations / Worries

Hi all,

I've been considering finally upgrading to a Roamio, but after reading reviews at Amazon, I'm a bit nervous.

Some of the issues cited there are:
    • Roamios are getting only partial recordings of shows
    • Roamios are freezing / rebooting randomly, also causing the above problem.
    • Roamios are having issues with CableCards. This concerns me greatly since I have also had CableCard issues with my Premiere: http://www.wkforums.com/forums/showt...1841#post21841
    • Still switches between SD and HD menus
    • TiVos are not working correctly with CableCards when the signal is "too strong". This one seems strange to me.

My questions to all of you here in Expert Weaknees Land are:
    • How common are any of the above problems reported here? Or dealt with as support issues here at Weaknees?
    • Has TiVo come out with updated hardware/software addressing any above issues since the debut of Roamio? (i.e. are new purchases on newer "version 2" of hardware?)

And a couple of extra questions:

A lot of reviews there talked about streaming while away from home "coming soon". Has that arrived? And more importantly: is it any good?

What advantages would I get by buying from Weaknees vs TiVo?

I basically have a dead Premiere XL4 where the CableCard is concerned (see above link), but it works in terms of watching old programs. Can I stream to it from a Roamio?

Thanks all!

Dan
Working...
X