Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roamio Antenna guide has problems

Hi one and all.

I am new to this forum and also a rookie in the Tivo world.

I recently purchased a Roamio. All was well, until about a week ago when the following issue occurred:

Please note (Tivo Support is supposedly looking into this guide problem. However, I am not impressed to date)

The problem relates to the Antenna only.

Channel 9.1 KTSM-tv (NBC) shows "to be announced" There is no program schedule but video and audio is OK. Problem is I cannot record any shows on this channel.

Channel 9.1 KTSM-DT (NBC) shows up on screen as a "problem with signal on this channel". Program guide is OK but obviously there is no video or audio.

Now, when I connect my antenna directly to the HDTV all is well on channel 9.1 (NBC) and only shows up as one channel not two.

Have any of you experts ever come across a similar problem and do you have any suggestions to re-set the guide?

By the way, I have reset the guide and channels and re-started the Tivo from scratch all to no avail

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

mikeandsylvia

Pretty strange - you literally have two 9.1 channels? Not 9.1 and 9.2? And your TV sees one but not the other?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Michael,

"Pretty Strange" ain't that the truth.

Yes, on the Tivo Guide, I have two 9.1 channels (9.1 KTSM-TV and 9.1 KTSM-DT) I also have one 9.2 channel.

As I said, when I connect my antenna directly to the HDTV I on receive only one 9.1 channel which works fine.

Do you think re-setting the channel guide using a different zip code would help the situation or confuse the issue further?

Regards,

mikeandsylvia

Comment

Redoing Guided Setup is definitely worth a try.

Comment

Michael,

I have already re-done the guided set-up all to no avail. I was wondering if doing that with a different zip code would change anything.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks,

mikeandsylvia

Comment

I doubt that would matter - the new zip would have to be pretty far from the old one. And both channels are KTSM, so they likely broadcast from the same antenna.

TiVo support may figure this out. If they do, you'll get a message on-screen. Generally, they do track down true guide issues.

Comment

Currently having this issue on two channels

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
              I doubt that would matter - the new zip would have to be pretty far from the old one. And both channels are KTSM, so they likely broadcast from the same antenna.

TiVo support may figure this out. If they do, you'll get a message on-screen. Generally, they do track down true guide issues.
              I am having this happen on two of my channels in the guide. 39.1 Fox and 39.1 KJNB. I can see the guide on 39.1 on 39.1 Fox but no signal. I can't record anything on 39.1 at all. Do you know if there was ever a fix developed for this? Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X