tivo series 2 s02 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tivo series 2 s02 error

I have a TiVo series 2 that will not connect to the TiVo service to download the program info. I have tested the broadband connection and it works, I have tried the kickstart 57 cause some said it might help but nothing. when I go to test TiVo connection in the network page everything works just fine, the view network status page also works just fine but when I force it to connect to the TiVo service it does the preparing then connecting then getting info then disconnecting but as soon as it gets to the loading info it tries but only goes to like 85% and then says s02 error.

any help on the matter would be great

thanks

Sounds like a failing hard drive. Try a kickstart 54:

http://www.weaknees.com/54
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

TiVo series 2 s02 error

Mine does the same thing and I just bought 2 new hard drives. 1 was from weeknees. Mine does go all the way through the organizing and all then says fail error s02.
      Last edited by woodworking65; 06-30-2015, 05:20 AM. Reason: Added on more

Comment

Originally posted by woodworking65 View Post
        Mine does the same thing and I just bought 2 new hard drives. 1 was from weeknees. Mine does go all the way through the organizing and all then says fail error s02.
        If you can email us your order number to [email protected], we can figure out what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          If you can email us your order number to [email protected], we can figure out what's up.
          I have just e-mailed you with the order number.

Comment

I have e-mailed you the info. Order#

Comment

Got it. We can work on it by email and post the results back here.

Comment

Ok that would be great.

Comment

Got my drive today. Thanks for the fast service. Sent the other back also. I have my TiVo up running with the first installation working great, I will let you know after it does the next update if any errors occur. It happened before on the second update when the S02 error came up. Can I do the upgrade now or wait on it to do itself?

Comment

You can try to force it, or just wait it out. Either way is fine.

Glad it's working correctly now!

Comment

Did a force update and it download and installed and restarted installed new updates and rebooted again and now seems like it is stuck in a powering up mode. Been that way for about 10 minuetes now. Wait it finally booted and now it is working just fine. I see we now have a 9.3.2c-01-2-140 software version upgrade. Thanks so much for your help and will send all my support to Weeknees for their problems also.
                      Last edited by woodworking65; 07-02-2015, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X