No VOD or Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Michael,

The PS is on order, ground shipping about 6 days. I'll keep my fingers crossed but I'm not expecting miracles. I understand that it needed to be done because of the blown cap, but I don't see how that can have anything to do with lack of access to the VOD menu.

Despite my attitude, thanks for your help thus far.

Take care,
    Alan Mintaka

Comment

OK - please post back and tell us how it goes once you install the new power supply.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Alan, just in case you have not heard of this before: Tivo has done away with Video on Demand (web videos, podcasts) and I got a letter from them that Amazon was going away on my series three. There is a discussion about this on Tivo forums. Streaming for netflix, vudu, etc. is still there on the Roamio but it appears they have removed the download feature.

Comment

Originally posted by hforman View Post
          Alan, just in case you have not heard of this before: Tivo has done away with Video on Demand (web videos, podcasts) and I got a letter from them that Amazon was going away on my series three. There is a discussion about this on Tivo forums. Streaming for netflix, vudu, etc. is still there on the Roamio but it appears they have removed the download feature.
          Please be more specific about which TiVo forums and which posts you are talking about. Otherwise, your message doesn't provide helpful information.

I searched the TiVo forums for "Video On Demand" and found that some providers such as Amazon and YouTube were cancelling VOD - not TiVo. Thus saying that "TiVo has done away with VOD" and "Amazon was going away" without saying WHY Amazon or YouTube were going away is misleading. Who made them go away? Amazon, YouTube, or TiVo?

So what exactly are you talking about? Please include links to forum discussions.

Comment

No Netflix TIVO HD Central Menu

I installed new weaknees TIVO HD hard drive and PS over the last 2 weeks. I have tried everything in forums and at Tivo support to get Netflix back on my Tivo Central menu. My SW ver: 11.0n.H1-01-2-2193. VOD has problems accessing VOD, etc. Music, Photos, etc. is also on this TC menu.

I have checked then unchecked, saved, rebooted (hard/soft), etc. on my TIVO account device access. I have used phone line, ethernet, wireless to connect to TIVO service. I have forced connections repeatedly, reset router, repeated guided setup, the list is endless. I even have a newly paired M Card that worked just before PS died. I had it re-paired by ISP. Anything that can be found as troubleshooting on the net, I have tried.

The only thing I have found that remotely might explain this is that my ISP shows have 1-way communication set on the M card and I have a very vague idea that this needs to be set to 2-way? When I first used an M Card w/this DVR.

I have new modem and router from 1 year ago. All devices work on my network. My Series 1 worked fine until TIVO decommissioned it. MY HD has been activated at Netflix, etc. I have been using the same everything successfully this entire year and believe it is probably just one little thing I am missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIVO is reportedly on the case but it's been over a week so I'm not sure how long it takes them to respond. I like the Netflix interface vs. the Smarthub interface, it is so easy in so many ways, which is why I invested in repairing TIVO HD and why I have spent tons of hours trying to fix this.

Comment

You are definitely not alone in having Netflix issues on a Series3 TiVo.

The issues are pretty widespread and random at this point. We really have no idea if/when the app will return. We're all just waiting and hoping TiVo will address the issue.

Comment

So even though the drive I had before I replaced it had the menu TIVO created (after Amazon quit offering video) that had Netflix was replaced again with this menu with VOD and music, etc., neither of which works? It sounds as though TIVO is preparing us for HD/3s decommissioning in the near future.

Comment

Well, maybe they're preparing us for just the loss of those apps. Since Series2 models are still supported, I'd think those go first.

It's hard to imagine TiVo decommissioning HD units that work with CableCARDs.

Comment

Working...
                  X