Converting .tivo files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting .tivo files

Does anyone know how to covert .TiVo files to mp4 or similar so I can play them on a MacBookPro or any other computer for that matter. I have TiVo Desktop (the free version) on a PC and that still works for transferring and playing back .TiVo files on that computer. I tried downloading the TiVo Desktop software on a new Dell laptop and it didn't work. Just wondering if there is any software out there that can convert the files. Why do they make this so difficult? Thank you for your assistance.

Have you tried cTiVo?

See this page:

https://github.com/dscottbuch/cTiVo
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I've looked at the link you provided and it seems like that software will allow for downloading and conversation of files for playback on the Apple devices, laptops, etc. Do you know if it will allow me to convert .tivo files that I've already transferred from TiVo to my Windows PC or does it do the conversation on the fly when it is transferring the show from TiVo to computer? And will PLEX in the new Bolt's allow for playback of these files too?

Comment

Sorry - I really don't know.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

it seems like that software will allow for downloading and conversation of files for playback on the Apple devices .

Comment

I've already transferred from TiVo to my Windows PC or does it do the conversation on the fly when it is transferring the show from TiVo to computer? And will PLEX in the new Bolt's allow for playback of these files too?
            Last edited by WK-Michael; 10-19-2018, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X