(I'm getting) Amazon Prime Instant Video on Premiere TCD746320

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (I'm getting) Amazon Prime Instant Video on Premiere TCD746320

There was no announcement I'm aware of (or at least, no email from TiVo, not even a message) and there's nothing different in the menu, but the Amazon app on my TiVo Premiere now supports APIV.

Don't know when this happened though if I had to guess, I'd guess it was coincident with the "upgrade" from Season Pass to OnePass. Just because it was probably a major code re-write. Right now it's on a Comast CableCard in an area where the TiVo has Xfinity On Demand.

My Amazon Prime expires Apr 24 (and my cheap Netflix ended last month, I didn't renew) and I was planning on letting it go until EOY when I could use it again. Guess I could think about that some more. And it does make my Roku even less useful (I bought it last year specfically because my TiVo didn't support APIV).

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere here, I didn't see it.

=aw

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Probably shouldn't bury this in an APIV thread, but I also noticed there's now an app for Yahoo! Screen. I'd never even heard of that service until (of course) I saw that Community S6 is a YS original. Probably saw it on The Soup.

=aw

Comment

I think it might be because they already removed podcasts (web videos) and they will be dropping Amazon on April 16th according to the email I received:

<quote>"All good things must come to an end, right? Well, that's the case here. As of April 16, 2015, you'll no longer be able to purchase or download content from Amazon with your TiVo HD/Series3 DVR. You will, however, be able to continue watching the movies and TV episodes already purchased and downloaded in your 'Now Playing' list. Also, you'll no longer be able to access videos through the YouTube app. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we realize that this is indeed a bummer. "
        </quote>

Comment

Thanks, is that an older machine than the Premiere? I wonder if they rewrote the app to work with Prime and lost the backwards compatibility. If it applies to my Premiere too, I'll be glad I got the Roku last year (got it to watch APIV, then got a cheap year of Netflix which I could access on TiVo, now my TiVo does APIV, we have an embarrassment of riches!).

By coincidence, my Prime ends April 16 and I won't be renewing until December.

=aw

Comment

Working...
          X