Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should wired adaptor be fater than wireless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should wired adaptor be fater than wireless?

A while back I bought a Weaknees usb wired adapter for my Series2 540 unit. All of my recordings are set for high quality. When I transfer recording from the S2 to my Roamio or Premier they are at less than real time. The TiVo branded wireless adapter seems to be slightly faster, but still can fall below real time. I am using an Airport Extreme router. In comparison when I used to have a TiVo HD it could transfer HD recordings to my Premier at greater than real time using the same wireless adapter. Once I wired it up the transfers were very fast.

Is there any way to get my S2 540 to transfer at, or just faster, than real time to another TiVo on my network?

Thank you.

That's basically the behavior you should expect. The HD units have 100 M ethernet, and the older units are limited by USB.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

So the Weaknees wired adapter should be slower than the TiVo branded wireless G adapter on a 540 S2?

Sorry for the unclear question.
      Last edited by LI-SVT; 10-20-2015, 12:32 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

No - it shouldn't be. But part of that is up to the network.

In addition, the TiVo branded G does some processing in the adapter, so it can be faster at times.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X