Power Supply issue on 240080

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Supply issue on 240080

I have a 240080 - thought harddrive was shot as fan was spinning, but noticed no lights on front and no harddrive noise - I have a Series 2 TCD649080 - could I swap out that power supply? the 240080 has lifetime service, so I don't want to lose it

Nope - those aren't compatible power supplies. Sorry.

We have them here:

http://www.weaknees.com/ps
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I have a similar problem - I think. My series 2 (TCD240080) froze up. On reboot it got as far as the gray screen and hung there. I could hear the drive spin up, the head move, the drive spin down... the fan was blowing then gray screen and nothing. I went through the forums and got the impression it was the hard drive - it's a 12 year old Tivo that been running pretty much 24/7 all this time, so the HD was not much of a stretch. Ordered a new one (thanks WK for getting it to me so quickly). The install was even easier than the paper work said. Hooked it all back up and nothing - not even the gray screen. The drive and fan both spun up, but this time I noticed there were no green lights on the front panel. Any thoughts on what's the next likely culprit? Also, when I was changing the HD I noticed a small nickel size battery on the mother board. Can/should that be changed? It's been in there forever....

Thanks
      JK

Comment

Working...
      X