Found my old HR10-250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found my old HR10-250

So I was cleaning out my garage and found a stack of my old Directv drv receivers. On top was my old HR10-250. Once I saw it I remembered I had DVRed a couple of real gems on the thing. The best things were the 200 and 201 episode of South Park. I think there might even be a copy of the Super Best Friends since I had a Wishlist set up for South Park. Is there anyway I can rescue these episode and anything else that might be on there? Its not a leased unit, I own it. I thought about just hooking the DVR up to my PC and playing the episode while capturing to my PC but I do know that a message would be displayed on the screen saying I don't have a valid activation card. Would that message appear on the captured video? Is there a setting I could set to turn it off if I just wanted to watch them again? Or is there a way to salvage the DVR videos by hooking the DVR hard drive directly to my PC? Obviously I don't care about voiding the warranty. I just want to see my old shows.

Thanks for any help.

Cyc
    Last edited by Cyclonus; 11-12-2015, 03:28 PM. Reason: spelling

I think this will all work just fine - just make sure that you don't connect the SAT cables and that you do have some access card in there. I think if you have any card in at all, that should dismiss the message.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I'll give it a try this weekend. When you said this would all work, did you also mean taking the hard drive out of the HR10-250 and connecting it directly to my PC. I don't know what format the Directv files are in but I thought that wouldn't work because they might be encrypted. Either way I'm going to try the HR10-250 receiver directly to the PC with no sat hooled up. If I still get the card message I'll hop back here and ask for more advice. Thanks.

Cyc

Comment

No - connecting the hard drive to your PC will not work.

Powering up the unit should work.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X