Mixing an HR21 with Genie System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing an HR21 with Genie System

I have 5LNB DirecTV HD Dish, Swm8, 29V Inserter with 1x4 splitter feeding Genie and 2 Clients. Can I hook up an HR21 to the unused output of the splitter using a single coax to Satellite 1 input of the HR21? Or do I have to run 2 Cables from two of the Legacy outputs of the SWM8 to make the HR21 work? Lastly will the HR21 work wired either of these two ways?

Thanks!

You can attach it via one cable to the unused SWM2 port on the SWM8.

You really could do the legacy wiring also, but there's no reason to do it that way. And if you get a DECA adapter, you could get it to see shows on the Genie if you do it the SWM way.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      You can attach it via one cable to the unused SWM2 port on the SWM8.

You really could do the legacy wiring also, but there's no reason to do it that way. And if you get a DECA adapter, you could get it to see shows on the Genie if you do it the SWM way.
      Thanks for quick response. Okay, of the two alternatives, there is no reason not to SWM the HR21. I was worried that the HR21 might not be compatible with the Genie stuff if I SWM the HR21. And I was curious to know the purpose of the legacy ports. Still don't see much of a purpose for them.

I am hard wired into my Genie from my router, do I still need a DECA adapter for the HR21 to see the Genie recordings?

Appreciate that you are here. And the weaKnees SWM wiring diagrams are very important to this 76 year-old techy-guy who can still get around in his attic....smile....sort of proud that I can...
      Last edited by Ishwash; 11-19-2015, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Yes, the HR21 can definitely support SWM.

You do need a DECA adapter to get it to see Genie recordings.

The legacy ports makes sense for Series2 TiVos, among other older equipment.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X