No knowledge of TiVo whatsoever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No knowledge of TiVo whatsoever

You'll have to forgive me, but before two weeks ago, I had never even seen a TiVo. My mom called and said hers died and a friend told her he had a unit with a working drive and all you would have to do is swap them out. Spent two hours on the phone with TiVo support, and they were explaining it as if it was an external drive. We finally gave up and talked to the owner and he said it was internal (and of course didn't tell us about the different screws/screwdrivers either). So after hours of wasted time to get nowhere, I have this series2 open, but I'm not exactly sure HOW to take one drive out and to put it in another machine. Saved programs, etc doesn't matter, I just want to get them switched in time to watch the Super Bowl. I've been fooling with this for 2 weeks already. The only internal work I have ever done on a computer was to disable an internal drive, and all I had to do then was disconnect it. I know, I fit the TiVo for dummies club. I have only been able to find one diagram, and it was confusing and not for this series, so obviously it would be different. Both all the same model #s. Please, I'm begging you. Please help me. I have literally gotten a migraine over this. Thank you so much!!!

It's really, really not that simple. Drives have formatting and OS versions that are very specific to each model number.

Best bet is to order a kit from us, that comes with tools and printed instructions, here, by model number:

http://www.weaknees.com/upgrades.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X