What receiver to use with TIvo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What receiver to use with TIvo?

I have a Roamio Plus and a Mini. When I had a previous model of Tivo, I was able to program the Tivo remote to control the volume and mute on the Onkyo receiver. Now with the new remote, I'm not able to do that. I've tried many times, tried the code that previously worked and then all of the codes for Onkyo receivers.

Is there a workaround for this? Or is there a better receiver I could buy that works with the new remote?

I'm surprised that the code doesn't work, but I will say that in our world, Onkyo receivers cause a lot of problems - specifically those with HDMI switchers. So maybe TiVo finally removed the codes? I doubt it, but it's possible.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Pardon for jumping in on this thread, but I also have a problem with Onkyo. My old DirecTV remote worked fine with my Onkyo LS3100, but I can't pair it with a TiVo Bolt remote nor a Slide Pro. Any hope for me?

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
        Pardon for jumping in on this thread, but I also have a problem with Onkyo. My old DirecTV remote worked fine with my Onkyo LS3100, but I can't pair it with a TiVo Bolt remote nor a Slide Pro. Any hope for me?
        I am afraid WK-Michael is right, Tivo might have removed the codes. You could try updating the receiver with firmware updates and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          I'm surprised that the code doesn't work, but I will say that in our world, Onkyo receivers cause a lot of problems - specifically those with HDMI switchers. So maybe TiVo finally removed the codes? I doubt it, but it's possible. find url here
          Tried finding specific info about this online but couldnt get confirmation that the codes were removed. go to the page

Comment

Working...
          X