No announcement yet.

Roamio Pro w/4TB Upgd from weaKnees Pixelating Recorded Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would try it on the output from the splitter first.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I installed the 3db on the output from the splitter to the Tuning Adapter. While doing so, I noticed that the TWC tech had put a passive splitter inline between the Amplified Splitter output and Tuning Adapter input. I guess he put that there as an attempt to attenuate the signal? I removed it such that the chain is now: Raw Feed > Amplified Splitter > 3db Attenuator > Tuning Adapter.

TV still shows pixelation same as before. Try the 6db attenuator?

Comment

Yeah - try the 6 db.

Comment

I've installed the 6db att. How do I reset the tuner diagnostics so we see any changes?

Comment

With the 6db att installed I can still watch the RS Corrected and Uncorrected increment up. Does that mean the 6db didn't help either? What should I do now? Eliminate the amplified splitter altogether?

Comment

Yes - I would try removing both the attenuator and the amplified splitter.

Comment

Ok. I've implemented the non-amplified splitter. It is a 4-way unit, so I connected my three outbound cables (Internet, phone, TV) and put an terminator on the bare connection.

How do I reset the error counters?

Comment

If you change channels, that error counter will reset. Hitting the info button on your remote will allow you to see all of your tuners so you can select a tuner and change a specific tuner to a different channel.

Comment

Ok. I just tested Tuner 1 by changing it to Channel 2 (local FOX affiliate). In about 60 seconds it had registered about 70,000 Corrected and 0 Uncorrected. Is this good? Isn't it working pretty hard to correct the signal?

Comment

If your signal were coming in correctly, then you would not be registering any corrected or uncorrected errors. It is worse to have uncorrected errors, but you might want your cable co to check out your signal.

Comment

This whole situation started with a call to TWC. They sent out a tech who confirmed some signal issues, which prompted a visit from "maintenance" who visited with a bucket truck and said they fixed everything.

Should I call for a tech again?

Comment

It's a bit of a crapshoot - you could get another lazy or uninformed tech, but it's probably your best bet.

Comment

Working...
                          X