HR44 with SWM8 and Genie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR44 with SWM8 and Genie

My apologies if this has been asked before.

I have an HR44 DVR that has an Ethernet connection to my home LAN and a single coax connection to a SWM8.

I would like to add a "Genie Mini" receiver in another room. There is already a single coax running from that room to the area where the SWM8 is located.

Do I still need a DECA?

How would everything need to be connected?

Thank you.

Nope - you don't need DECA. You never need DECA to connect a Mini to a Genie as long as you have coax connecting both to your SWM8 or SWM splitter.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

What about the wiring? I have two coaxes running to the area of the SWM8, one from the HR44 and one from the GenieMini. I also have the power inserter for the SWM8. And, I assume that a spitter will be involved. How do all those devices interconnect?

Comment

You can use one wire to the power inserter and then out to the Genie HR44. Plug that into SWM1.

Then plug the other coax from the Mini into SWM2.

That should do it.

Comment

Problem was a defective Genie Mini receiver (not purchased from weaKnees). Replacement receiver had to download new software, but it's working fine now.

HR44 is connected to IRD port on power inserter; the SWM port is connected to SWM1 on the SWM8. HR44 has hardwired Ethernet connection to my home network. Genie Mini is connected to SWM2 on the SWM8.

No other splitters or devices connected. SWM8 and associated 4 cables going to a 5-LNB Slimline dish have been in place for about 6 years.

Everything works just fine.

Thank you.

Comment

Glad to hear you figured out (and fixed) the problem!

Comment

Working...
            X