Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directv - hooking up WVB to HR54-500

Hi everyone,

I'm doing my own Directv WVB hookup, but need some help. How do I hook up the 2 way splitter to the WVB and the HR54-500? I know the cable coming in from the dish goes in the side of the splitter with the one input, so I'm guessing that obviously two cables will go on the other side with one going in the HR54-500 and the other going to the WVB, right? Also how much extra coaxial cable will I need to do this. Pictures or diagrams would be a big help to this dummy too. Thanks in advance for you help.

Drew

Yes - that's one way to do it. Put the splitter on the line to the dish, and put one leg each to the WVB and Genie.

But you can also plug the dish line into the WVB and then plug the Genie line also into the WVB - it basically has a built-in splitter. The output is initially covered with a terminator.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      Yes - that's one way to do it. Put the splitter on the line to the dish, and put one leg each to the WVB and Genie.

But you can also plug the dish line into the WVB and then plug the Genie line also into the WVB - it basically has a built-in splitter. The output is initially covered with a terminator.

Did you mean plug the dish line into the WVB and then plug the WVB line also into the Genie? There's no line coming out of the Genie, right? If so, where does it come out of the Genie?

Comment

These are all coax cables. So you just unscrew the terminator on the WVB and plug a coax cable from there to the Genie.

Just be sure to keep the WVB five feet from the Genie to reduce interference.

Comment

What is the WVB?

Comment

Wireless Video Bridge

Comment

Working...
            X