Tivo RF slide remotes not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo RF slide remotes not working

I have some Tivo RF slide remotes that don't work well. They only work at all when the remote is right in front of the Tivo. Forget about working with closed cabinet doors like they used to. I'm using one on a Premiere XL with a dongle and one with a Roamio with no dongle. I've tried replacing batteries and I've gone through the process to reset and re-pair the remotes and they just don't work.

Did something at Tivo change that I'm not aware of?

Any help to get these remotes working would be great! Both Tivos are in cabinets and there's no way around that. The RF remotes were fantastic back when they worked.

We really haven't seen them degrade over time. Have you tried a full reset on one to see if that helps? Is there any chance that they changed out of RF mode into IR mode?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      We really haven't seen them degrade over time. Have you tried a full reset on one to see if that helps? Is there any chance that they changed out of RF mode into IR mode?
      How would I know they've changed into IR mode and how would I change them back to RF mode?

That sounds like it could be what has happened.

Comment

TiVo says:

"When your remote is paired, it is in RF mode; the activity light flashes yellow with each button press. An unpaired remote is in IR mode, and the activity light flashes red with each button press."

Comment

This seems to be the most recent thread on this topic, so I'll try here:

I just got a used slide (original, not pro) remote with a TiVo I bought just for the hard drive. I cannot seem to get the remote to work with either my (preferred) Roamio Pro or my old Premier. The activity light seems to light with all buttons. I have tried to IR pair with all Tivos (TiVo+pause then 0), and it doesn't seem to work n either IR mode or RF mode (I have the dongle and tried it with and without on the Roamio in pairing mode and on the Premier w/ dongle).

Any help or tests would be appreciated. There seems to be limited info on the original slide remotes and its codes,fixes.

Thanks!

Comment

Best info I can find for that old remote is here:

http://www3-stg.tivo.com/mytivo/howt...tivoslide.html

I doubt it'll work in Bluetooth mode with the Roamio, but it should work with the Premiere.

Comment

Thanks. I actually finally got it to pair (Bluetooth) on both machines. Unfortunately it has a range of about 3 feet and loses connection after just a couple of minutes. I guess it's trash (?).

Comment

Sounds like it.

Comment

Working...
                X