Wired network stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
    I don't understand what you mean when you say it doesn't stay connected. Does the adapter physically fall out? Does the setup change on its own?
    Sorry for the confusion. The device stays connected to the TiVo, but the Ethernet connection doesn't seem to stay connected. If you look at the original poster's comment above, that's what is happening: trying to connect via Ethernet brings up a message that says it isn't available. However, given some time, a return to that setup menu shows it as connected to Ethernet via an adapter. It's very odd, because forcing a connection to the TiVo service seems to make it work again. But when I head back upstairs to the Mini, it skips and stutters. Prior to this adapter (when the original Ethernet port worked in the Roamio) the Mini always played smoothly with no issues.

It could also be the throughput of the adapter. I'm going to connect it to a laptop and see what the speed is for the device. My Ethernet switches are all gigabit, and everything else plugged into them is very fast.

Comment

These are definitely not gigabit adapters - I'm pretty sure they're 100 Mbs.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

They are 100, yes. But my max network speed is around 85, so that shouldn't be the issue. I'm not sure what else I can do except replace the Roamio unit with a Bolt or just sell the Mini and not have TV in the guest room.

Comment

Maybe your router or switch was also damaged in the storm? Or maybe the ethernet port on the Mini took a hit?
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X