Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Series 2 can't get Dish Network channel lineup (always gets DirecTV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 2 can't get Dish Network channel lineup (always gets DirecTV)

Greetings. This all started with the rather common "ran out of program data" even though every connection test passes and all calls seem to work fine. Garbage collection is recent, there are no programs waiting for deletion, all seems in order.

But I wasn't able to get any program data, so I decided to clear program data and to do list, and go through Guided Setup again. However, each time, no matter which satellite service I select, I end up with the DirecTV channel lineup. Our programming source is Dish Network, but for some reason I can't get it to download DishNetwork channel data.

So far, TiVo customer service has ignored my messages; I'm wondering if it's worth doing the live chat? I'd rather not go through the standard script only to have them tell me later that there's nothing they can do...

Does anybody have any ideas about how to force my channel lineup back to Dish Network?

Thank you!

TiVo is in the process of changing guide data providers - and there are tons or reports of problems.

I do think TiVo will get all of this straightened out but I don't think contacting them will really help. It's more likely to be frustrating and a waste of time at this point.

I'd give it a week and see if the problem gets fixed from their end.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the info! I'll try guided setup again in a few days and see what happens.

Comment

Well, no luck on this issue. TiVo customer support doesn't know what's happening. No matter how I do the Guided Setup, TiVo always forces the satellite provider to be DirecTV.

Is there anyone out there who is using a Series 2 TiVo with DishNetwork? I'm curious if anyone has been able to get the correct channel lineup or updated program guide info...

Comment

What is your complete TiVo OS version from your System Information screen?
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Hi Michael. Here's the info:

The software version is:
            9.3.2c.2016.09.10-1318-01-2-649

This might also be useful...

The service map info is:
            25: TIVOPVR SpigotMap

The only thing that seems out of date is the "last VCM connection":
            Dec. 31, 5:00PM

Interestingly, our problems seem to have started with a week or two of the date in the software version, so I'm assuming there might have been a software update problem.

Comment

Working...
            X