SERIES 2-unable to get program info updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SERIES 2-unable to get program info updated

I have series 2 that had prior hard drive upgrade by weakness and despite getting complete phone and wifi contact with TiVo, there is no new program data. cannot see any programing information. guidance please as wife is quite distressed!!!! thanks. dan

What is your TiVo model number?
    What is your complete TiVo software version (found in the System Information screen)?
    Are you connecting your TiVo by phone or network?

Comment

the model number is: AT&T Series2 rev.2 DVR 40hr TCD230040
      the software version is: 9.3.2b-01-2-140
      i'm connecting via network and stopped updating the guide about 3 wks ago. the screen says updates are taking place regularly without problems, just no guide data. have also connected via phone successfully and still no guide info.
      contacted tivo and they gave me steps to restart system and still no guide data.
      had prior hard drive upgrade done by you several years ago and always worked great until now.
      using comcast motorola DCX3200-M modem if that info is any help.
      thanks!!! wife remains distressed! dan

Comment

Looks like you've got the wrong software on that unit.

What is your order number?
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I'm having the same thing, with a Roamio Plus: Program information ends Thursday 10/20 4:30PM. (So, nothing past midnight GMT 10/21.) Just spent an hour on the phone with Tivo, and they said that they couldn't help me since the hard drive had been upgraded, but that this problem had started with the last Tivo software update, and that Weaknees support should be able to help. Network connections are being made just fine. Tested with both wired and wifi, so clearly not a network issue. Plenty of space free on drive. Sure seems like some problem saving the program information file or something. Database issue? I will call in after 9AM when Support is open, hoping they can get this fixed.

Comment

Richard at Weaknees suggested redoing guided setup. I did that. So far, it did not seem to help. System Information shows guide ends on Thursday still. I'm going to leave it for a bit, see if somehow it magically improves. But this definitely seems like a guide data issue that started around 10/8. And it's incredibly suspicious that TiVo recently changed guide data providers, isn't it? I have full network functionality, I have full access to channels, the connection gets made. Anyone have any idea of how the guide data process works? It feels like I keep getting a valid download of data through 10/20, but maybe I'm getting _no_ data and my earlier download through 10/20 is persistent. It feels like a problem getting the correct lineup for my provider, Bend Broadband. If so, I expect a flood of reports of this problem tonight, when people get home and turn on their TVs and see this message. Interestingly, TiVo initially suggested replacing my unit, until I mentioned that my drive was upgraded and I wouldn't be interested in giving that up. I can only picture how frustrated I would be getting a replacement unit and seeing exactly the same problem, since I can't imagine that this is a hardware issue.

Comment

Originally posted by schroederius View Post
              Richard at Weaknees suggested redoing guided setup. I did that. So far, it did not seem to help. System Information shows guide ends on Thursday still. I'm going to leave it for a bit, see if somehow it magically improves. But this definitely seems like a guide data issue that started around 10/8. And it's incredibly suspicious that TiVo recently changed guide data providers, isn't it? I have full network functionality, I have full access to channels, the connection gets made. Anyone have any idea of how the guide data process works? It feels like I keep getting a valid download of data through 10/20, but maybe I'm getting _no_ data and my earlier download through 10/20 is persistent. It feels like a problem getting the correct lineup for my provider, Bend Broadband. If so, I expect a flood of reports of this problem tonight, when people get home and turn on their TVs and see this message. Interestingly, TiVo initially suggested replacing my unit, until I mentioned that my drive was upgraded and I wouldn't be interested in giving that up. I can only picture how frustrated I would be getting a replacement unit and seeing exactly the same problem, since I can't imagine that this is a hardware issue.
              So, for the record, doing help: restart: repeat guided setup didn't immediately change anything, but when I checked later in the day everything was normal again. I have 10 days of Guide data now. All is well. I'm still not sure what happened, but, as long as it's working correctly now, I'm happy.

Comment

Working...
              X