Bolt will not enter Kickstart mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt will not enter Kickstart mode

I have followed the below instructions posted for putting my Bolt into Kickstart mode:
    1. If your Roamio remote control is in RF mode, you will need to put it in IR mode before running the kickstart procedure. Press TiVo + C to enter IR mode.

2. As the TiVo DVR restarts, the green LED light on the front bezel of the box will be lit.

3. When you see the yellow/amber light begin to flash, wait a second and then press and hold the Pause button on the remote for two seconds, then release it.

4. Within 5 seconds, press the kickstart code (see below) on the remote control.

5. If you are successful, the green and amber lights will blink in alternating patterns to indicate the code has been accepted.

I used kickstart code 54 and I get the alternating green and amber lights, but in the end it just starts up normally. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone successfully run kickstart 54 on a Bolt?

Originally posted by Pumpirony View Post
    I used kickstart code 54 and I get the alternating green and amber lights, but in the end it just starts up normally. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone successfully run kickstart 54 on a Bolt?
    I, too, entered Kickstart 54 on my TiVo Bolt, got the alternating green and amber lights, and then started up normally. I tried it several times with the same result.

I then tried Kickstart 57 (file system check), which took me to a screen that said something about a problem it was repairing (not the GSOD, because it wasn't green), and at some point shortly after, it rebooted normally. I tried KS-54 unsuccessfully a couple more times, and then tried KS-58 (file system repair), which put me on a screen telling me that it is installing firmware and I should NOT unplug the TiVo box. It has been there for almost 24 hours now.

I don't want to unplug it, lest it be permanently disabled, but I also can't do anything else on it, and short of a miracle, I don't see any prospect that it will ever successfully complete whatever routine it is running.

So I have successfully run Kickstart 57, unsuccessfully attempted Kickstart 54 several times, and am now stuck in Kickstart 58.

Comment

Working...
    X