Tivo Premier Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Premier Problems

I have a Tivo Premier (w/lifetime) that rebooted and hung on the welcome screen. I ran the SMART test on the hard drive and it failed so I ordered a new drive from here. I installed the drive and now the lights on the front of the unit just flash without ever booting up. So I thought bad power supply, but saw no visible issues with the capacitors. I got my hands on a working power board from a Premier XL (with no lifetime). After installation in the Premier, the lights continue to flash. It sounds like the HD is spinning up and the fan is working properly, so I'm at a loss.

I'm relatively confident it's not either power supply, as I installed the Premier power supply in the Premier XL and it began to boot up just fine. I would just use the XL, but I really want to keep my lifetime.

Any help is much appreciated!!

Chris

That really does sound more like a bad drive. If you put your original drive back in, does it still get to the Welcome screen?

If you want to email this info along with your order number to [email protected], we can see what the options are.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes. I forgot to mention, I tried the original HD with the replacement power supply and it still hung on the Welcome screen. I'll locate my order number and send everything over as an email, as well. I just received it on 1/20 in case I need to send it back.

Thanks for your quick response!

Comment

Back up and running! The replacement hard drive I received worked just fine.

Of course, now my cable card is jacked up and won't receive all my channels. Time for a call to the cable company.

Thanks for your help, Michael!!

Comment

Glad to hear it!

The call to the cable company shouldn't be that bad.

Comment

They had to come out and switch the cable card, but it's all good now.

Comment

Huh. Usually, it's just a phone thing. I wonder if they really needed to or if they could have deactivated and reactivated your old one.

In any event, good to hear that it's resolved.

Comment

Working...
              X